The last Tuesday of each month tends to get a little hairy at work – not only do we have to send off our monthly mail orders, but more often than not, that lands on the same week our monthly orders are due. This month is especially difficult, because I also have September’s books from DC to order, thanks to their stupid lenticular event (more on that tomorrow, hopefully), so I’m a little haggard – but not too haggard to miss out on my second daily post here at Submet. So without further ado, the day, in point form.
- The day kicked off at Comics! The Blog with an early look at tomorrow’s more interesting comic book releases. Books of note were Trees, C.O.W.L. and Brass Sun, which I will be talking a lot more about tomorrow.
- Note: I skipped talking about the release of the first collection of Umbral and Black Science, which is a bit of a crime. If you haven’t started up on those series, now is your chance. Do it. Do it like the wind.
- Later in the day, I did a bit of goofiness with The All New Orb. He’s the best, you guys. THE BEST.
- My darling girlfriend Danica wrote about starting… something. Anything. Seriously, if you find you’re having trouble with tackling a project, she has some good, succinct advice for you.
- The wonderful Andrea Speed stopped by C!TB to recap the second season finalé of Hannibal, which I’m sure ended with puppies.
- I’ve got a piece about the return of DC’s lenticular covers going up… somewhere on the internet tomorrow. That’s going to be followed up with a piece about Bob Wayne, and what his departure could mean for the comic book industry and retailers. I’m pretty jazzed about it.
- Tonight, I’m heading off to record Podcast! The Comics with my writing partner James Leask. We’re currently setting up an interview with a pretty high profile comic book writer, so keep an eye out for that in the coming weeks.
And with that, I bid you all adieu for another day. Hug someone for me, will ya? Thanks.